For a game where most players rarely consider luck, there are lots of superstitions in poker. When you mention that someone was lucky in that poker tournament they won, be careful of how you say it. For instance, if you mention that you were unlucky, your luck may never change. 918kiss
Ok, that may sound a bit ubsurd, but poker is a game loaded with superstitions. Did you know that if you are playing a game with two separate decks and you are asked to pick the deck, you should always pick the deck of cards that is furthest from you? Or, how about If you get a run of bad cards, you must sit on a hankerchief to break your bad luck? It’s actually considered good luck to blow through a deck of cards while they are being shuffled.
Some other fascinating poker superstitions are:
- You can change the run of cards by walking around your chair three times.
- The luckiest seat at the poker table faces the door.
- The unluckiest seat has it’s back to a fireplace.
- When changing seats, you should always do so clockwise.
- The unluckiest poker card is the four of clubs.
- It’s very unlucky to sit with your legs crossed at the poker table.
- Friday is a bad day for playing cards.
- The 13th is also a bad day, regardless of what day of the week it is.
For being such a game full of skill, many people still hold on to the old superstitions.