CONTENT MARKETING TRENDS 2020
Content marketing is a type of marketing in which content is created and published on different platforms to reach a particular audience. It can be done in various forms such as videos, blogs, posts and so on. Content marketing is used by both small and large companies to inform the public about their product or services. Successful companies always have a strategy, you should have one too.
WHY CONTENT MARKETING IS IMPORTANT?
There are so many reasons why you need content marketing, here are some Local Marketing Agency in Kent
1. Increases Engagement-The good thing about content marketing is that it increases engagement with the audience. People can like, comment and share your content with their friends. It’s a good way for the audience to learn more about your brand. Your audience is can ask questions and you can answer them.
2. Increases Brand Awareness-More people get to know about your brand through content marketing. Eg.there are millions of people on social media, sharing your content constantly on social media will make people aware of your brand. If you want to reach more people in a short period, you can promote your content. Remember people only buy from brands they know and trust. If they have never seen your brand online, they consider you not to be trustworthy. If you are struggling with how to go about content marketing, you can always look for an agency in your city to help you.
3.Builds Trust-When you create content consistently, your audience slowly begins to trust you because they know what you are about. When they can reach and interact with you, they slowly form a relationship with you. The more quality and useful content you create, the more they trust and are willing to even recommend you to their family and friends. Before you realize it, you have a large audience that might end up turning into potential customers.
4.Content Generate Leads-Since your audience knows what your brand is all about, it is easy for them to purchase your products provided you keep sharing useful content. They may not want to purchase your products right away but they will always have you in their minds and when the time comes, you will be their first option. You can also include a call to action (CTA) on your content which can be a line between someone being a potential customer and a customer. Some call to action (CTA) include sign up, subscribe, call now, etc.
5.Good for SEO-It will help you in SEO as it will increase your presence and visibility online. When you create and share content regularly, it means you have established an online presence and people can find you on the internet. Once you can be found on search engines, your website traffic will increase which will lead to your website having a top position on the search engine result pages(SERPS).
6.It Shows You Are An Expert- You get to show the public that you know what you are talking about and that you are an expert in your field.No one wants to purchase from a brand that doesn’t know what they are about. Every time you are creating new content always remember you are telling your audience how good you are in your field. You are judged by your audience based on the type of content you share. People are constantly looking for solutions on the internet and don’t waste time on one brand. If they are not satisfied with what you are delivering, they will quickly go to your competitors. Like they say, first impressions matter.
7.Content Marketing Helps You To Stand Out-The internet is filled with so many companies that can sometimes make it difficult for customers to choose from. Through content marketing, you get to show the public what makes you different and unique from your competitors. You can emphasize your services and what have that makes you stand out from your competitors. For eg, you can choose to have your style in your content, this, however, will depend on the nature of your business.
TYPES OF CONTENT MARKETING
Marketing keeps advancing each day which means there are so many ways in which you create content, all you have to do is be creative. Let’s now take a look at the different types of content marketing that are used in 2020.
1. Live Videos-Videos are generally preferred than texts since they are more captivating and easy to follow. Videos are the most effective method. The reason why live videos are effective is that they allow you to have a normal conversation with your audience. Your audience gets to experience the human side of the company. You get to interact with your audience and they are also able to ask questions and get answers immediately. Apart from answering questions, live streams are also ideal for behind the scenes, tutorial, product demonstration, etc. Livestream can be done on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
2. Using Data in Images-In order to make your content appealing to the eye, images must be used together with data. Having data with no images makes it difficult for one to process. Data with images have proven to have more engagement like infographics than data with no images.Info graphics are nice to look at which don’t make it boring to read and even share. If you don’t have a clue on images or designs to use, you can use your data as your source of inspiration.
3. Voice Search-Voice search is another trend that is rising. Nowadays people prefer using voice search than typing. When you are reading your content make sure it’s audible and easy to understand. Also try to sound normal, don’t read or sound like a machine, read like how you normally read. People prefer listening to someone who is themselves than someone who sounds like a machine. You can also use keywords but make sure they sound normal and are not just shoved in.
4. Social Media Sharing-Social media has a wide range of users worldwide and sharing content on social media allows you to show those who follow you what you are all about. It’s an affordable way of introducing your products or services to the world. The good thing about sharing content on social media is that your audience can also share your content with their friends on their social media profiles. This means more people apart from your audience will get to know about your products or services.
5. Podcasting-The listening rate of podcasts keeps increasing as each day passes this is because podcasts have a wide range of topics that are discussed every day. Even companies now use podcasts as part of their strategy. Companies inform the public about their services or products and introduce them to new features as well.
6. Content Layout-The way your content is arranged on your website determines whether visitors will stay or leave immediately. You can make your content appealing and interesting to your visitors by adding images and a few infographics. You should also use headings and subheadings to prevent readers from being bored or feel lazy to read your content. When content is too long and there are no headings or titles in between, visitors are most likely not to read your content. Your content should be able to show properly on all devices ie desktop, mobile phones, and tablets and not on just one of them as you will be losing a lot of potential customers.
7. Google snippets-Google snippets are answers that are provided by Google after a search query usually in a rectangle and at the top position of search engine results. Information provided by Google snippets is usually precise and therefore generates a large amount of traffic. Google snippets provide exactly what the user is looking for. It is the goal of every company or website to be featured on Google snippets.
8. Interactive Content-This can be explained as a two-way experience. When you create content, you should also have an audience in mind. They should feel like you are a family and not sharing content for the sake of it. Your content should be able to trigger a good feeling in your audience that will make them engage with your content. The best way to make your audience engage with your content is to make your content connect with them emotionally. Examples of interactive content are polls, quizzes, virtual reality videos, surveys and so much more.
9. Personalized Content-When creating your content always keep in mind to make your content personal. You can be able to achieve this by first identifying who your audience is and what they like.No one likes to be bombarded with content that is of no use to them. Once you can identify what they are looking for then you can start creating your content. Your content should make your audience feel that the content was created to meet their exact needs.
10. Quality Content-People will always prefer quality over quantity. Since there a wide range of content all over the internet including ones from your competitors. Your content needs to be unique and stand out from the crowd to have engagement. The content your share or publish will also be the factor that will determine the kind of reputation your company or business is going to have.